If you cannot attend or wish to change course date, we must receive notification five full working days prior to course commencement. Refund requests will incur a $50 administration fee.
Refunds will not be provided once a course has commenced.
Please note courses with low enrollments may be cancelled or deferred. Should this occur, we will contact you 2 days prior to course commencement and a transfer or full refund will be offered.
Once a course has commenced, no refunds are made for lessons that are missed and are non – transferrable to any other programs or services. However, if notice is given of non-attendance beforehand, we will attempt to find a place in a subsequent class, should there be a vacancy for the lesson/s that was missed.
Classes may be postponed due to extreme weather conditions – you will be notified approximately 24 hours prior based on current forecasts
Classes are generally not run over long weekends, however please confirm with trainer
- Owner is to provide appropriate collar and leash (soft flat collar or martingale, or back attach harness) with 6ft leash to start. Further equipment details will be discussed in class
- My dog has a current vaccination certificate
- Bitches in season cannot attend class – please contact us to make alternate arrangements
- If your dog has been declared dangerous, you must advise Helping Hounds before attending class
- No slip/check collars, or retractable leads please
- Head halters, front attach harness etc can be used from the car to the search area, the lead must be moved to collar or back harness only
- Dogs must remain on leash at all times unless advised otherwise by Helping Hounds staff
- All instructions given by Helping Hounds instructors must be adhered to
- Owner/hander must pick up after their dog, if they eliminate in class. Please ensure you toilet your dog before class. If an accident does occur please advise Helping Hounds staff so we can clean appropriately
- It is a Work Health and Safety requirement that flat, enclosed shoes are worn during class
- No physical or verbal abuse of your dog will be tolerated
General Liability Waiver
Helping Hounds are not liable for any injury or damage to your dog or persons attending sessions. Whilst all care is taken during training, if any dog or any person damages any property or causes injury, Helping Hounds and its employees or volunteers are not liable for any costs arising out of such damage. Responsibility lies with the owner of the dog or person responsible
Helping Hounds can prohibit a dog from participating in class for reasons related to the health and safety at their own discretion
I understand and agree to abide by the above terms and conditions. I certify that the information given to Helping Hounds training is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.